Popular recipe from Bihar by NishaMadhulika. Go to source link below for video.
Wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) - 3 cups (450 gms)
Ghee (घी) - 3 tbsp (40 gms)
Sattu (सत्तू) - 1 cup (125 gms)
Green Coriander (हरा धनिया) - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Mustard oil (सरसों तेल) - 2 tbsp
Lemons (नींबू) - 2
Green chilies (हरी मिर्च) - 5 to 6 (finely chopped)
Ginger (अदरक) - 2 inches (grated)
Salt (नमक) - 2 tsp (or to taste)
Carom seeds (अजवायन) - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda (बेकिंग सोडा) - 1/4 tsp
Pickle Masala (अचार का मसाला) - 1 tbsp
Tomatoes (टमाटर) - 4 (300 gms)
Eggplant (बैंगन) - 1 (300 gms)
Boiled Potatoes (उबले हुए आलू) - 4 (300 gms)
1. For dough take wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add ghee, salt, carom seeds, baking soda,Add water in small portions and knead soft dough.cover and keep dough aside.
2. For chokha take eggplant and tomatoes, grease with oil. Then put over a net and roast over flame. Flip at intervals and roast till skin turns black.
3. Once roasted take out the eggplant and tomato in plate to cool, then peel the skin.
4. For stuffing take sattu in a bowl, add salt, grated ginger, pickle masala, green coriander, finely chopped green chilies, mustard oil, juice from 1 lemon. Mix all the ingredients well. If seems dry add some water and mix again.
5. Add boiled potatoes to the peeled tomatoes and eggplant. Mash well. Add salt, finely chopped green chilies,ginger grated, finely chopped green coriander, juice from 1 lemon, mustard oil. Mix well. Chokha is ready.
6. Meanwhile grese hands with ghee, squash the dough, Break the dough into small lumps, give shape of peda.
7. Make it hollow with thumb and fingers givin bowl shape, put stuffing, lift sides, close the litti. Keep in plate. Prepare all likewise.
8. You can roast it 3 ways i.e in a heavy based wok, appam maker and jali stand over flame.
9. Once the littis are ready, dip them in ghee if desired or break and pour ghee over them. Take a bowl full of chokha and relish it anytime.