A popular recipe from Haryana. Got the link below to see the video of this recipe by NishaMadhulika.
Soaked Millet Pearl (बाजरा ) - 1/2 cup
Moong dal (मूंग दाल ) - 1/2 cup (100gms)
Ghee(घी ) - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds(जीरा ) - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (हिंग ) - 1/2 pinch
Green chili (हरी मिर्च ) - 1 (Finely chopped )
Ginger paste (अदरक ) - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Podwer (हल्दी ) - 1/4 tsp
Salt (नमक ) - 3/4 tsp (or to taste)
1. Take millet clean,wash and soak in water for 8 to 9 hours.
2. After 8 to 9 hours, Remove excess water.Keep the millet in a sieve for 10 to 15 minutes for extra water drains out. Keep it in a bowl.
3. Put the soaked bajra in a jar.Run it on slow speed. Grind the millet 3 times for 1/2 minutes each. Millet is churned,Take it out in a plate.
4. Heat a cooker for making Khichdi. Add 1 tbsp ghee to the cooker and let it heat. When hot, add cumin seeds, 1/2 pinch asafoetida,green chili, ginger paste, turmeric powder. Slightly stir the spices.
5. Add millet, moong dal,stir and roast it for 1 minute.Add 3 cups water.add salt and stir it.Close the lid of the cooker and cook until 1 whistle.
6. After a whistle, Reduce flame to minimum.Cook the khichdi on low flame for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, Turn off flame.Keep the khichdi in cooker till pressure escapes from it. Pressure is released from cooker.Open the lid of the cooker,keep it in a bowl.
7. for tempering, heat a tadka pan.Add 1 tsp ghee,add cumin seeds, let it roast. Pour the tadka over the khichadi. Slightly mix it.